Job Title: Administrative Assistant
To Apply: Submit your resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31st.
Summary: The Administrative Assistant provides support to affiliate operations by maintaining office systems and supporting the administration team. This role serves as the main point of contact for visitors and guests.
Schedule: Part-time, Tuesday-Friday 9 a.m. – 3 p..m., but some flexibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain organization of the office and cleanliness of common areas and conference rooms
- Provide front desk reception; answer phone, voicemails, emails, and greet visitors
- Pick up and process all mail, packages, and mortgages
- Manage, order, and pick up office supplies
- Coordinate bank deposits
- Provide office equipment oversight and support; printers, copies, shredder, etc.
- Maintain office filing systems online and in cabinets
- Manage affiliate record retention and shredding
- Provide data entry updating various rosters, directories, email lists, etc.
- Update policies, manuals, procedures, etc.
- Coordinate the scheduling of meetings, meeting rooms and the availability of required equipment, supplies and other materials
- Provide support managing calendars and schedules
- Book travel, conference and other trainings opportunities for employees
- Process expense and travel paperwork
- Maintain monthly ReStore safety check
- Maintain HR related tracking
- Coordinate production of mailings via regular mail and online
- Manage website and social media including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Assist with flyers, brochures, posters, banners, signage, t-shirts, swag, and other materials
- Assist team with various tasks, as needed
- Serve as Safety Coordinator
- Provide regularly safety training for employees
- Manage new hire paperwork, employee workers compensation paperwork,
- From directions from the ED, manage Board of Directors correspondence, schedules, manuals, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- An understanding of and enthusiasm for the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- High School Diploma or GED
- Familiar with Human Resources helpful, but not required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; the ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Knowledge of relevant software applications (PC’s, Microsoft office, etc.) and social media
- Ability to use all types of office equipment
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent record keeping and attention to detail
- Ability to create a positive and welcoming environment
Service: Willingness and ability to help and support partners in providing timely and courteous service to meet their needs
- Deliver exceptional service to other staff, national organization, affiliates, donors and other partners.
- Take the mission personally, acting with a sense of urgency
Teamwork: Willingness and demonstrated skill in working collaboratively to accomplish goals and objectives while building and maintaining constructive partnerships.
- Work collaboratively, sharing best practices, ideas and strategies in serving the mission
- Maintain relationships through mutual respect and truthful dialogue
Stewardship: Demonstrating careful and intentional use of all Habitat resources, including time, money, information, relationships and material in a way that exhibits accountability for individuals outcomes as well as outcomes of the whole organization
- Remain faithful to the purpose for which resources are given; manage resources to bring maximum benefit to the mission.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of moral and ethical conduct
- Manage performance by measuring and recognizing results
Continuous improvement: Demonstrate the ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment, constantly seeking to improve products, processes and services to accomplish the mission.
- Encourage and support innovation
- Apply lessons learned while taking appropriate risks
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence in whatever we do.
- Demonstrate candor, insight and creativity, and thrive in an environment of change. Supports team goals and puts interest of team ahead of self.
Respect for others: Demonstrate respect for the inherent dignity of others; recognizing the strength that comes through partnering with individuals who have perspectives and experiences different from our own.
- Lead by example; accept personal responsibility regardless of position.
- Value people of varied backgrounds, cultures, races and genders.