When you advocate with Habitat for Humanity of Butte County, you’re helping to change systems and policies in the U.S., and you’re working alongside people in your community and across the nation who care passionately about creating affordable homes and stronger communities.
advocate with Habitat for Humanity of Butte County
In places where smart rules and regulations about land and building are established, there is more access to safe, affordable housing. In other places, where policies and systems are weak, there can be barriers to finding land suitable for building a home, building the home itself or ensuring that the home is affordable. We advocate for a broad range of public policies – including:
- Mortgage regulations
- Tax credits
- Neighborhood zoning
- Federal housing programs
- Credit access
- Land access
how you can help!
Take a stand with Habitat for Humanity of Butte County as we advocate for housing affordability policies:
- Find Your Legislator – http://www.legislature.ca.gov/legislators_and_districts/legislators/your_legislator.html
- Write, email, or call your Lawmaker
- Schedule a meeting at a local event or at their local office
- Tell your lawmakers how you feel about the housing crisis and making affordable homeownership opportunities available to working families in your community.
- Send follow-up communication
- Write a Letter to the Editor
- Talk to your local business community leaders and realtors
- Volunteer (find your local Habitat affiliate/join a global mission trip!)
For more information and resources, check out Habitat advocacy resources at https://www.habitat.org/about/advocacy/resources