A report to our investors, supporters, friends, and volunteers. Thank you for your generous support this year, your on-going commitment, and for your future support as we meet this challenge in our communities.
TOGETHER, WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Dear Habitat Friend,
Habitat for Humanity’s mission–to bring people together to build homes, communities and hope–is well-known throughout the world. Here in Butte County, Habitat marks 27 years of doing just that: uniting businesses, donors, and volunteers to raise the walls and empower families to become a strong part of our communities.
Despite the Covid-19 pandemic, Habitat is ready to do more. We have upped our goals in the face of the housing crisis, and with your help, we can meet these challenges:
- Build six homes per year for at least the next five years. The Mulberry Street Project for six families, five of whom are Camp Fire families, was started in 2020 and will be completed this year.
- Develop eight homes in Paradise with Camp Fire survivors.
- Partner with local contractors to direct usable building supplies to the ReStore.
- Grow our volunteer program for both building and ReStore assistance.
- Enlarge the number of donors to support Butte County affordable housing.
Our annual report will show you how lucky we are to have widespread support, to mark the ways we are rebuilding, to ask you to renew your commitment, and help us find NEW supporters, to make Butte County a better place to live.
Volunteers Build 70% of Each Habitat House
Habitat’s business model has at its HEART the idea of volunteers. We bring people together to build homes, communities and hope. Volunteers work alongside our dedicated construction team, crew leader volunteers, and partner families.