Women Build is a fun, unique, exciting, and impact-driven opportunity for women to come together with other women and build a stronger community.
Women Build involves women of all ages in crucial work with a lasting impact. Women helping women sends a positive and powerful message.
About WOmen Build
Our goal with Women Build is to empower women to help families build strength, stability, and independence.
We at Habitat for Humanity of Butte County can provide opportunities for hands-on learning, and given these tools, women can succeed in changing their communities. Our Women Build events provide the opportunity for women to take a proactive step in serving their communities.
Women Build 2022 was a success! We had two incredible days of building sheds, digging ditches, laying pipe, installing sprinklers, and so much more! This event raised over $35,000 from our sponsors as well as the fundraising efforts of our participants! See photos, here.
Join us on May 20 & 21, 2023
Any woman age 16 years and up who wants to volunteer on our job site is invited to join us. No experience is necessary. Volunteers work under the guidance of construction professionals, and also alongside other volunteers and future Habitat homeowners.
Whether you are learning new skills or simply adding a few to your tool belt, this is a rewarding experience for all involved and improves the community that you share. Women Build is also a terrific way to involve your friends and family of all ages in crucial work with a lasting impact. You can also come alone and make new friends. The atmosphere is collaborative and friendly.
Women helping women sends a positive and powerful message.
The day at a glance (Saturday & Sunday):
- sign in
- receive your Women Build t-shirt & tool build
- light breakfast provided
- safety training
- LET’S GO! Some of the things that you will work on are landscaping, fencing, sprinklers, sheds, and more
- lunch provided
- continue on projects
- clean up
- end of day
Registration Process | Women Build 2023
Click on the “Registration” button to complete the form and pay the registration fee of $10
- Are you a Team Leader?
- Are you a Team Member?
- Are you an individual who would like to join a team?
If you are a Team Leader, please add your name and the name of your team. The name of your team can be your business or creative – like Women Love Hammers Team
Recruit 4 additional members to be on your team and have them register. Please tell your team members which Team Name to choose as well as the day to choose, Saturday or Sunday.
Pick a day, Saturday or Sunday.
Reminder, each individual will be asked to either pay or raise the $75, $125, or $250 Participation Fee in this fundraising event. We understand that we all have different amounts that we can contribute so we ask that you select the amount that will work for you. We appreciate everyone’s efforts to help our Habitat Rebuilds in Paradise Project.
After you register pay the $75, $125, or $250 Participant Fee either now or by May 12th using the Registration button.
If you choose to fundraise for your Participant Fee, click on the Fundraising button below.
- Click “Create my own fundraising page,” and enter your name and email to sign up
- Go to your email, open the link, and click “Personalize my page”
- Personalize – Edit individual goals, and messages, add your picture and click save and publish.
- Your individual fundraising page will be emailed to you.
- Use this link to send in your goal OR share the link with your family and friends to raise the Participation Fee.
- You can also raise more than your goal and there will be prizes.
- Good luck!
If you have registration hiccups, please call Cindy at (530) 343-7423 or email email@example.com.
Register for Women Build 2023
• Includes one t-shirt (per participant)
• Light breakfast
• Supervision Provided
$10 Registration Fee (due at time of registration).
The Participant Fee is ($75, $125, or $250) either pay now or by May 12th. You also have the option to raise the Participation Fee by using the Fundraising button to the right to create your personal fundraiser link.
Please note that you must be at least 16 years old to volunteer on a job site.
Click here to register for this event:
Become a Sponsor
There are many opportunities for sponsorship!
• Become a Drill Sponsor, $500
• Become a Tool Belt Sponsor for shed building, $1,000
• Become a Hammer Sponsor for fence building, $2,500
• Become a Shovel Sponsor for landscaping $5,000
Click here for sponsorship opportunities:
Use the button below to create your own fundraising link.
Here are some instructions to help you set up your own fundraising page for Women Build 2023:
- Click on “Create my own fundraising page!” to get started (located at the bottom of this message).
- Enter the name of the fundraising page owner, like “Susan Smith.”
- Enter the email address of the fundraising page owner.
- Click “Create My Page” and then “Okay.”
- Check your email inbox for two emails. One is “Personalize your Crowdfunding page” and the other is “Support my fundraising effort.”
- Open the “Personalize my page” email, and scroll down until you see the “Personalize my page!” button. Click on the button to start personalizing the page.
- Edit your page by clicking the pencil icon next to sections like your name, fundraising goal, image, and message.
- When finished editing, click “Save and Publish,” and then click “Got It!” in the pop-up window.
- Go back to your email and open the message titled “Support my fundraising effort.” Your Crowdfunder is ready to forward to your friends and family. Be sure to delete “Forward this message to your family and friends! (Delete this reminder first.)” before sending.
- Forward this email to as many people as possible, but make sure to change the subject line and personalize your message.
- To share your page on social media, right-click “Donate to my cause” and select “copy link address,” then paste it into your social media accounts.
That’s it! Thank you for supporting our Women Build fundraiser.
Making a donation is easy and safe. It is through the help and generosity of people like you that we are able to continue our work.
Individuals who raise $1,000 or more will receive a small Habitat gift!
Click here to create your fundraising link:
All Are WElcome
Habitat for Humanity of Butte County has an open-door policy
All who believe that everyone needs a decent, affordable place to live are welcome to help with the work, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, political views or any of the other distinctions that too often divide people. In short, Habitat welcomes volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds and also serves people in need of decent housing regardless of race or religion.
As a matter of policy, Habitat for Humanity International and its affiliated organizations do not proselytize. This means that Habitat will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must either adhere to or convert to a particular faith, or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.