Habitat for Humanity of Butte County will be building homes in Paradise Ca. These homes will be for those who meet Habitat’s qualification criteria, which include:
- Income qualifications: Typically 50% – 80% area median income
- Need for affordable housing: Priority will be given to those who are most vulnerable (Disaster affected persons, displaced persons, single parent households, older people-65+, person with disabilities, person with long term illness) as well as other criteria
- Ability to Pay an affordable mortgage – steady form of income
- Willingness to Partner with Habitat – provide 250 sweat equity hours per applicant to help build your home
Willingness to partner
Sweat Equity: Understands and is willing to perform at least 250 hours of sweat equity per adult per household from the beginning of partnership to completion of home.
Commitment: Commitment to the community. Commitment to a drug free community.
Lawful Permanent Resident: Applicant must provide proof of permanent residency (ie green card).
Criminal Record: No adult member of the household has a criminal record that poses a likely future risk to neighbors, Habitat staff, or Habitat volunteers.
BUTTE COUNTY INCOME CHART, 2022
* These are last year’s numbers and are subject to change before the next selection
Location | 220 Meyers St. Chico, Ca 95928
Mailing | P.O. Box 3073
Chico, CA 95927
Please Contact Us:
ReStore (530) 895-1271
Mon – Fri, 9:00 AM -5:00 PM
Tues-Sat, 10:00 AM-6:00 PM (donations accepted until 5:30 PM)