Please carefully review all of the qualification criteria, as it has changed. If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com or call (530) 343-7423.
Habitat for Humanity of Butte County will be building homes in Paradise Ca. These homes will be for those who meet Habitat’s qualification criteria, which include:
- Income qualifications: Typically 50% – 80% area median income
- Need for affordable housing: Priority will be given to those who are most vulnerable (Disaster affected persons, displaced persons, single parent households, older people-65+, person with disabilities, person with long term illness) as well as other criteria
- Ability to Pay an affordable mortgage – steady form of income
- Willingness to Partner with Habitat – provide 250 sweat equity hours per applicant to help build your home
Need for Housing
Present Housing Situations:
- Priority will be given to the most vulnerable in our community (Disaster affected persons, displaced persons, single parent households, older people 65+, person with disabilities, persons with a long-term illness)
- Cost Burdened household (paying more than 30% of gross income for housing)
- Overcrowded housing e., more than two (2) children per room, adults sharing room with children, children of different sex sharing a room
- Substandard housing: Problems with maintenance and repairs
- Resident of Public Housing
- Unable to secure adequate housing through private market
- Desires home ownership
Ability to Pay
Total Gross Income: Monthly gross income is typically 50-80% of HUD median income for Butte County. Income must be stable and any supplementary income must also be stable and likely to continue.
- Debt to income must be manageable. Debt to Income must fall between the ratio of 33/41 for all applicants.
- Ability to pay a $2,000 to HFHBC down payment at the time of closing
- Not been an homeowner within the last three years
- Demonstrate the ability to manage monthly budget
- History of timely payments and stable work history
- The ability to qualify and participate in State and Federal programs (USDA and First Time Homebuyer Programs)
- Any assets in excess of $15,000 for individuals under 62 and $20,000 for individuals over 62 will be required as a down payment (subject to USDA evaluation).
- If credit score less than 640 or only one credit score in available additional documentation will be required
- Liens and judgments- No liens or judgments that cannot be cleared before closing
- Free of significant delinquencies or bankruptcies in the last three years
Willingness to partner
Sweat Equity: Understands and is willing to perform at least 250 hours of sweat equity per adult per household from the beginning of partnership to completion of home.
Commitment: Commitment to the community. Commitment to a drug free community.
Lawful Permanent Resident: Applicant must provide proof of permanent residency (ie green card).
Criminal Record: No adult member of the household has a criminal record that poses a likely future risk to neighbors, Habitat staff, or Habitat volunteers.
BUTTE COUNTY INCOME CHART, 2022
These are last year’s numbers and are subject to change before the next selection
**Due to the high insurance costs in Paradise, CA a family of two must have a minimum of 60% AMI to qualify
Please contact the Habitat office at (530) 343-7423
with any questions that you may have or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Location | 220 Meyers St. Chico, Ca 95928
Mailing | P.O. Box 3073
Chico, CA 95927
Please Contact Us:
ReStore (530) 895-1271
Mon – Fri, 9:00 AM -5:00 PM
Tues-Sat, 10:00 AM-6:00 PM (donations accepted until 5:30 PM)